Cellular Honeycomb Shades
When you purchase a window treatment from Custom Wood Shutters & Blinds, we guarantee you are getting the best-looking, longest-lasting options available. Cellular shades from Hunter Douglas exceed these expectations and provide added energy efficiency. Around 40% of the energy loss in a home happens through the windows. Installing any window treatment can help combat that energy loss, but adding honeycomb blinds is your best defense against higher energy bills. Of course, there are many other reasons besides energy efficiency to choose cellular blinds from Hunter Douglas for your windows.
Duette® Honeycomb Shades
This patented honeycomb blind combines soft, seamless fabrics with crisp, even pleats that hold their shape indefinitely. All the available high-performing materials are resistant to fading and sagging. Duette® Honeycomb Shades add a dramatic flair to your home, and the design and customization options are virtually endless..
- Energy Efficiency: Hunter Douglas honeycomb blinds take cellular construction further with Duette Architella®. Cellular shades with Architella® have a honeycomb within a honeycomb design that doubles the number of air trapping pockets. These pockets in cellular blinds create an extra layer of insulation on your windows, which helps your home stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Sound Absorption: The insulating air pockets of honeycomb shades also help dampen sound. These cellular shades absorb up to 70% of sound energy, creating an instantly tranquil environment. This sound-absorbing property makes cellular blinds a fantastic option for nurseries, kid’s rooms, entertainment rooms, and any windows that face a noisy street.
- Light Control: The light control options for these honeycomb blinds are vast. You can select several fabric opacities to create filtered light or blackout cellular shades. If you can’t choose between the opacity options, you can opt to add the DuoLite® feature, which combines two different opacities into a single cellular shade. This allows you to have either one closed or combine the two for varied light control. If your goal is as much darkness as possible, there is also the LightLock™ system. which uses a unique U-shaped track to create unparalleled blackout cellular shades.
- Customization: In addition to customizing the opacity of your cellular shades, you can fully customize the aesthetics. Choose from many available fabrics, including bright colors, warm neutrals, gentle whites, natural textures, and fanciful patterns. For those with discerning taste, there is The Alustra® Collection of Duette, which features exclusively curated, design-inspired fabrics and textures.
- Every Window: Cellular shades are the best choice if you want a singular style of window treatment throughout your home. They are available in both horizontal and vertical applications. They can fit skylights, tilt-turn windows, circles, arches, hexagons, octagons, ovals, and everything in between. Honeycomb blinds remain operational in all these configurations, making them superior to other options.
- EasyRise™: This is the default operation option and uses a continuous cord loop that works for any size of cellular blind. The cord remains affixed to the side of the window frame, so there are no dangling cords that might attract pests.
- UltraGlide®: This operation option is a retractable wand that remains the same length. You pull gently on the rod to open and close the cellar shades.
- LightRise®: This cordless operation system is the easiest to use and an excellent choice for homes with small children and pets. With LightRise®, you open and close your cellular shades by pushing and pulling on the bottom rail.
- Top-Down/Bottom-Up: If you’re searching for more light control options, the operation of this cellular blind system lets you open your honeycomb shades from the top or bottom of the window.
- TrackGlide™: This system is designed to keep your honeycomb blinds in place on tilt-turn windows.
- SkyLift™ & Simplicity™: If you have skylights in your home, these are the cellular shades operating systems to use. Simplicity™ works on cellular blinds you can reach to move manually, while SkyLift™ is for honeycomb shades in hard-to-reach skylights.
- PowerView®: The peak of luxury, this fully automated operation system lets you operate your honeycomb blinds with the touch of a button. You can even schedule your shades to open and close throughout the day.
Since 1989 Custom Wood Shutters & Blinds has provided window treatments to Orange County. Our mission has always been to deliver a red-carpet experience to all our customers. Our expert team would love to help you find the perfect cellular shades, honeycomb shades, or any other window treatment you might be looking for. We can completely customize our entire collection of Hunter Douglas window treatments for your home. When you are ready to start, you can visit our showroom in Tustin, California, or contact us to ask questions or set up a virtual appointment. We are a locally owned and family-operated business that proudly serves Orange County, including Tustin, Rancho Mission Viejo, Anaheim Hills, Irvine, Yorba Linda, and Corona Del Mar California.